Saturday, January 1, 2011

Pack Break #3: 10-11 Donruss Hockey


I don't really bust a lot of new product given how expensive packs can be, especially from hobby shops. I liked Donruss hockey back in the day, so I figured I'd give this pack a try. I really wanted a rated rookie of Hall, Eberle or Kadri, although I knew my chances were slim.


The base cards were designed really well and are easy on the eye. I may considering working on the set if I can pick up singles for cheap but it's not a high priority. I pulled Jimmy Howard, Derick Brassard, Semyon Varalmov, Niklas Backstrom, Peter Mueller, Tuukka Rask, Valtteri Flippula, Patrick Sharp and Henrik Zetterberg. I also pulled one insert "The Ultimate Draft" of Matt Moulson.


While I really like the product, I have not seen too many great box breaks and I really don't feel you get your money's worth. With boxes selling for $60-$80 on eBay, it would eat up my whole months collecting budget on one box. Perhaps down the road I'll be able to find these boxes for around $40.



1 comment: