Thursday, April 7, 2011

TTM Mail Day #27: John Tonelli


Another very good player success in the mail today: John Tonelli. As you can see he signed in dreaded ballpoint pen and I dying one to boot.

Tonelli played in 1000+ games and registered over 800 points. He hung on one season to long so he could play in 1000 games. In his final season in 91-92 he played in 52 games managing 3 goals and 11 assists. Not the greatest way to go out.

I'm sure most of you have noticed that some of my 90-91 Topps cards are not in the greatest condition. When I started my goal in 2008 of finishing the complete set, I decided that I would be using all original cards from my collection as a kid. Naturally, some of the cards are in rough shape but I don't mind. I think back to myself as a kid and how happy I would have been to have any of these cards signed.

I recently saw another collector complete the 88-89 Topps set, signed in full after pursuing the set for 24 years!! 24 years!! I really hope my set won't take that long to finish but with some tough signers, it may.

No comments:

Post a Comment