Sunday, September 18, 2011

Last of the Summer Pickups

My baseball season ended today and that always signals the end of summer. I was lucky to land on a great ball team this summer and the teams carry over year after year. When players leave the team, they are replaced from players in a draft of new players to the league. The draft is based on the final result of the teams last three seasons.

It was quite a memorable summer as I got my first big promotion in my career and landed on a ball team I can see myself sticking with for a long time.

While I'm sad ball season is over, hockey season is going to be starting soon, which helps ease the pain. Without further ado, my final summer pickups!


Another pickup for the 06-07 ITG stick and jersey set. It's crazy that this guy is in contention for the number one job in Phoenix. While he's a decent NHL goalie, he is a backup at best.


I have always loved the look of this set. I really like the green glove piece and that it's from his time on the Silvertips. I don't really see Irving making a big impact in the NHL but he should at least get a cup of coffee. He is a solid goalie at the AHL level.


Another card for the Al Montoya PC. I really have wanted this card for sometime and I popped on it when I saw it on eBay. If I had only waited two weeks I could have picked one up for half the price, as another came on eBay. One of my very few non-steals of the summer.

So there you have it, the last of my summer pickups and the end of a great summer.

1 comment: