Thursday, October 20, 2011

TTM Mailday: Jeff Hackett


This mail day features some of my favourite childhood cards and I'm really happy to get them back signed. I started to get nervous considering I was waiting about 4-5 month's to get these back.


1992-93 Fleer Ultra is one of my favourite sets of all time. I love the look of these cards! My Mom bought me so many packs of these cards as a kid. I love the old school Sharks jersey, hackett's old school mask and pads. If I could, I would wear those exact pads and mask while playing goal right now!




Another series I really like: 92-93 Upper Deck and I love the camera angle of the this card. Another favourite from my childhood.


I don't know what it was about goalies on bad teams, with bad stats but faced a ton of rubber every game. I always respected those goalies a lot as a kid, going into every night knowing you were probably going to lose, but busting your butt to win anyways.


Cool story about this card. My family was hosting a get together and someone brought over a case of pop. In the case we found a few 91-92 OPC cards. Mind you this was when the set had come out and it was promo done by Pepsi or Coke. I thought this was pretty cool at the time!

No comments:

Post a Comment